Saturday, March 26, 2011

2011 Tacoma running lean



I bought a 2011 Tacoma crew cab 4x4 back in Nov. love the truck its my second toyota truck. Truck now has 3,800 miles on it. Last weekend the check engine light and traction control lights both came on and would not go off. took it to the dealer and they said the computer said both sides of the engine were running lean. They worked on it for two days and couldnt figure out what was wrong. Finally they said that they had ordered two new air fuel sensors. they said I could come pick it up bc the parts wouldnt be in for a couple days. I picked it up, got about a mile down the road, and the truck began losing power and running rough. also the check engine and trac control lights came back on. IT felt like it was going to cut out at 50 mph. I had to mash the gas to even accelerate. I think i felt it misfire a couple times as well. Took it back to the dealer and they said they would unplug the mass air sensor so I could drive it. They said that probably was causing it to run rough. I declined and told them I would just leave it there.



I'm just wondering if anyone else has expierenced anything like this on a new truck. Im also worried that the engine could have long term damage from it misfiring if thats what was actually happening. they are going to install the new parts tmw so i guess i'll see what happens.

Reply 1 : 2011 Tacoma running lean



Never heard of this on a new truck. Wise choice on not driving it any more. No reason to potentially cause damage to your ride if you have alternatives. Maybe 6shooter or another tech or former tech can jump in and give you a better idea of the troubleshooting process the techs use.

No comments:

Post a Comment