Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Designing an 08 XD DRL



I have been researching info on a DRL and find many of them are running lower power on filament bulbs so HIDs won't tolerate that. However, I have installed hi intensity/multiple leds in my parking light sockets and they are just about bright enough for DRLs and since my fogs are tied to the parking light wiring, I now have DRLs, FOGS and HIDs working in harmony. The DRLs run without the tails illuminated so they are like the "Factory" ones. I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but after its complete I can post the DIY. Presently my DRLS just go off when I turn off the motor, but an addition of a pulse relay timer will allow the DRLs to continue for a period up to 3 minutes. You could also wire the HIDs to light and be timed without using the parking lights if you so desired. Lemme know what you think and also what you think of using the parking lamps as a DRL. I am quite sure that there are brighter lamps available for the 194s that can be found, but not sure if they can be put through the parking lamp holes. The LED DRLS I have now require just removing 2 wires from a socket, and adding the joined pair to another (all in the fusebox). ZERO$ (without timer)

Reply 1 : Designing an 08 XD DRL







http://www.filefactory.com/file/b15f...Wiring_DIY.pdf



There is a download button on the bottom of the page





Waiting to evaluate them, but should be quite bright....

No comments:

Post a Comment