Tuesday, March 22, 2011

88 camry back doors won't open



Hi, first the Pas. rear door wouldn't open from the outside but was able to open it from the inside. Before I could stop him my child said, "Oh, I know" and he flipped the child lock. So then we couldn't open it from the ouside or inside.



Later the same happened to the other back door. I think something broke inside.



I tried taking off the hinges while the front doors were open but that doesn't work. I'm ready to cut holes in the door panels inside.



Haven't tried a slim jim which I saw as a suggestion in another post.



It's all standard, no power.



My older son says he can get to the lower panel screws by pulling out the back seat. Experience shows that what looks doable just ends up with another mess.



It has 310,000 miles and has a tremendous list of problems but it gets me to school and around town and I don't have to worry about door dings or theft. Such freedom.



Any ideas?



Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment