Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Need some guidance



So about two months ago I tried to help a friend install a new head unit and amp/sub combo into his 2001 Highlander. We didn't know however that the Highlanders with the JBL sound system require a different harness than any other Toyota, so we went to our local audio shop and found out that it would cost $120 to buy the correct harness.



I didn't get a look at it so I want to know, what exactly do I need to buy and what do I need to do to install an aftermarket head unit and two subs and an amp in his car?

Reply 1 : Need some guidance



I forgot to mention, everything is installed and all the wires are run for the amp. I just need to know what to do to install the head unit and tie everything together because of the wiring harness bullshit

Reply 2 : Need some guidance



Here's a good reference I used...

http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...NST99-8206.pdf

Reply 3 : Need some guidance



Crutchfield has adapter harnesses for about $10. Needs year & model or limited w/6 cd changer w or wo amp

No comments:

Post a Comment