Wednesday, March 23, 2011

time for a new Belt Tensioner?



this is for the vibe in my sig but I think it is the same as the Rolla's. I have had the can of marbles noise for a little bit and I plan on replacing the tensioner but first a few ?'s. I have $145K on her



1) rockauto sells a Dayco tensioner for $74+ shipping. has anyone use this before? should it be OK. They also sell just the pulley for $7+ shipping. has anyone just changed the pulley and should that be OK? or does the rubber on the tensioner wear out also



2) are the bolts holding the tensioner on regular thread? righty tighty, lefty loosey?



TIA

Reply 1 : time for a new Belt Tensioner?



Id say just replace the whole tensioner unit, it will be better and you'll have less stuff to worry about then just replacing the pulley. Just my 0.02 cents

Reply 2 : time for a new Belt Tensioner?



I replaced the tensioner on my 04 about three years ago with a Dayco made in Germany and the exact same as the old OEM was from auto-zone for $34 they must have gone up in price...Most people will say you have to loosen the passenger side motor mount and jack the engine up to get the bottom bolt(17mm) out but I got it out without doing that hassle, but it's a tight fit because it's real long..Good luck!



The 19mm is your permanent fixed nut and disregard the chain tensioner assy no.1, if you want the belt pattern I have a picture of that too!




No comments:

Post a Comment