Saturday, March 19, 2011

Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)



for those of you that've used plasti dip, how is it holding up?



The rust on my dad's old truck gave me an idea of plasti-dipping the stock alloy rims gold (similar to the subaru)...do you guys think this would look good on a silver rolla? Can anyone do a photoshop on this? I like how it looks in my head lol

Reply 1 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)



I want to do this too!

Reply 2 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)





or







I tried haha

Reply 3 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)



Gold on silver makes me want to dig my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon.



Black with silver, gunmetal with silver, or maybe even dark bronze with silver are all

Reply 4 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)




Quote:








Originally Posted by xangelox15
View Post



or







I tried haha



I don't like either one. If you do black wheels than the only ones that I think would look nice are gloss black with a polished lip. The blacks ones in the picture just look like steelies since you can't see the difference from the tire & wheel. The gold/bronze wheels on silver cars looks terrible to me, but that's just my opinion.

Reply 5 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)



I think a nice gunmetal wheel would look great, what i'm looking for right now D: Something with a gunmetal wheel and a polished lip .. I dont know about gold too much, but i'd stay away from light colors because of brake dust.. Though this is what i've heard of those who painted with white..

Reply 6 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)



I sorta like the gold, but I'd like bronze better.

Reply 7 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)



I've tried this before haha, i used the black plasti dip on the stock wheels. I did'nt like the look that much so i just peeled off the plasti dip, sold the rims and then bought aftermarket ones. After that i sold the aftermarket ones and went to tc rims. LOL

Reply 8 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)



yeah that gold is kinda too much for any car. bronze or a little darker maybe

chrome lip equals fail = idk kinda reminds me of the "ricer" aftermarket wheels out there.

ever since F&F :

im cant really picture a color that goes with CSM besides gunmetal or gloss black with lip though

jims corolla is just aftermarket silver and i think that color combo looks the best...

if you prefer maybe even a little darker





RBK I say gunmetal if you can pull it off somehow using plastidip



and for angelo ...you live in LA = dont need winter wheels like other people on here = buy aftermarket and sell your stock ones.



woo!

Reply 9 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)



darker wheels requires a darker car



and gold is NEVER OK IMO

Reply 10 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)




Quote:








Originally Posted by FlawedLegacy
View Post

gold is NEVER OK IMO



^^

Reply 11 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)




Quote:








Originally Posted by FlawedLegacy
View Post

darker wheels requires a darker car



and gold is NEVER OK IMO



Unless it is on a full bore race prep blue Subaru rally car.

Reply 12 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)




Quote:








Originally Posted by xangelox15
View Post



or







I tried haha



Hey nice work photoshopping! I've been wanting to plasti dip my 09 xrs wheels and have always wanted to see what it looks like on my black xrs.

Do you think you can do one for my car in black?

Reply 13 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)






Reply 14 : Stock Rim Idea (plasti dip)




Quote:








Originally Posted by xangelox15
View Post







I tried haha



Nice! I actually wanted it a little darker as well but I even like that color

I think if the car was lowered as well a lot of you guys would like it more



It's fine though, angelo and I are just ahead of our time

No comments:

Post a Comment