Friday, March 25, 2011

Best Bet? MAP Bracket Intake or Full-Blown Kit?



Got a bone-stock 4A-GE looking to breathe a little easier. Should I go with a 3" inlet adapter bracket for the stock intake/MAP or go with a Short-RAM kit?



My secondary question to that would be - if I get the short-ram, how do I manage to install it without having to use the stock MAP box-thingy, like I've seen in several engine pics?



Rock-n-Roll.

Reply 1 : Best Bet? MAP Bracket Intake or Full-Blown Kit?



First thing... It's a MAF sensor or AFM, MAP is something different.



it doesn't really make that much of a difference.



You can't remove the MAF sensor without a lot of work which includes swapping ECUs and lots of wiring.

Reply 2 : Best Bet? MAP Bracket Intake or Full-Blown Kit?



What he said ^



But they do make a translator box, check out www.maftpro.com



It can replace a MAF with a larger or less restrictive MAF or with a MAP sensor. I have no experience with it. I found it a few minutes ago via google search. It ain't cheap though.

Reply 3 : Best Bet? MAP Bracket Intake or Full-Blown Kit?



Roger that. Figured I was using the wrong acronym. Gonna go with the Spectre MAF adapter (pn 81438 I believe) and an HKS or K&N filter - depending on room without having to relocate the battery. And holy crap at that maftpro.com stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment