Friday, March 18, 2011

Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMN-WEWM5IE It works in all line of Toyota, and Lexus, I tried it ,cool stuff, from now on you can burn out your tire with 280Hp avalon, lol

Reply 1 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



Hmm... it's not that hard in all models is it? I know in the new 09 Corolla all you have to do is press and hold the Trac Off button until the VSC OFF light comes on. Or does this permanently disable it until re-enabled?



Jeff

Reply 2 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



umm I dont think it will have , by model, avalon still not a sporty car, it s full-size sedan, so i think my contribution only like "Sport mode" in a short time, because when the car start over again the VSC and TC still be enabled automatically. another thing is , FWD is risky when the VSC and TC off. Be careful volks.

Reply 3 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



Why bother? If your tires are spinnin' - you're wasting time.



VSC and traction control has saved my butt on more than one occasion. When you need it you're not going to have the time to re-enable them.



I'd really advise against doing that...

Reply 4 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



I agree with Tom. If you're going to disable important safety features, while you're at it, why not go ahead and rip out those pesky, confining seatbelts?

Reply 5 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



With a mere 1" of snow, our '05 Avalon cannot climb a 5% grade unless the Traction control is disengaged. Afer the silly complicated process is accomplished, it goes fine in snow, just like every other front-wheel-drive car I have ever driven. Even my rear-wheel-drive 2WD pickup can out-traction the Avalon in snow with TC active. I know because I used the pickup to go out and rescue my wife when the Avalon was stuck on a slight hill.



On slippery surfaces, the "traction control" seems to work more like "traction prevention".



Traction Control is automatically restored when the ingition is turned off, so I am not worried about giving up the safety benefits forever.

Reply 6 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



inov8 - that doesn't sound right (not that I disbelieve you!). I've taken my Avy through Snoqualmie Pass (summit of 2800 feet) during white-out blizzard conditions on three separate occasions. The snow depth climbing up to the summit was 4-6 inches on the interstate. The Avy out performed every other vehicle I've ever owned - including a 4x4 F-150.



For comparison purposes - I'm running the factory original Michelin S-8's.

Reply 7 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



Wow, this is certainly a very volatile discussion full of subjective cautionaries.



Personally, I hate VSC and would love not to have it. I made the mistake of buying my '02 4Runner with VSC, but since then I have had two other Toyota's without it. I am contemplating a LSD differential in my 4Runner in an attempt to limit the VSC activity. If there was a way to disable it I would do it.



Please understand that I am not saying this to disparage anyone's ability. We 'Old school' drivers never had any of the modern electronic technology and we knew how to control skids and 4-wheel drifting. I loved it, but now we are CONTROLLED.



If some one comes up with a proven across the board all model inclusive VSC disable procedure --- LMK!



- Peter

Reply 8 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



For what it's worth - I'm also an 'old school' driver that's constantly throwing away those damned AARP membership invitations.



When I want to hang the tail out in the curves I'll get in my Mustang GT (equipped with a traction control "Off" button) and let 'er rip.



But for the Avy - it's a different car and in my opinion (subjective or otherwise) does better with the controls in place.

Reply 9 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control














Reply 10 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



Must be your '05, inov8. This has been a mother of a winter in Iowa with record snowfall totals. My '07 went through it so much better than my previous (non-Toyota) vehicles. Is there a TSB on the problem?

Reply 11 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



inov8 - what tires are you running?

Reply 12 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



Michelin Energy MXV4 all-season, factory original size (215-55/VR17). When I first discovered how easy it was to get stuck, they had ~6000 miles of wear. No doubt dedicated winter tires would be a lot better, but snow traction is adequate for local conditions once TC is turned off. We rarely see more than 3"-4" inches before the plows make a pass.

Reply 13 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



I don't get it - same effective car, exact same tires (the S8 is the same as the MXV4).



You mention you have traction control - does yours also have vehicle stability control?

Reply 14 : Exclusive! To disable the VSC and Tration Control



Based on what is printed in my manual, I think the answer is Yes. We have the Limited model. See info directly below copied from the ABS/TRAC/VSC section (I have a PDF version).






No comments:

Post a Comment