Saturday, March 26, 2011

Do I need to replace the regulator and motor?



My car is a 1999 camry.



My rear driver's side window stopped working. Before it was dead, the window (or motor) made some weird sound when it rolled to top. Now it doesn't pull window up at all. I can move the window up by hand, but it won't stay and will fall back down but not all the way to the bottom. When I pull the switch, I can hear the motor rolling. I have taken the panel off. But I can't see the problem.

Is the motor dead? Do I need to replace the regulator and motor all together? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Reply 1 : Do I need to replace the regulator and motor?



The easyest way to tell is by taking the panel off and see what happened? The motor may be fine but you wont know untill you get it all apart. The regulator and motor can be replaced separately.

Reply 2 : Do I need to replace the regulator and motor?



Some of the more experienced people will probably reply, but from my own limited experience, I think the motor and the regulator come as one unit when you purchase them. The one I bought off the internet came fully greased. There were 3 bolts holding it in. It was a little tricky getting the old one out because the window was stuck in the closed (i.e. up ) position. So I would recommend that it is better to remove it while it will still move down ( even it only ocasionally ). You don't want to wait until the motor completely dies and the window is left stuck in the up position. Just my experience.

Reply 3 : Do I need to replace the regulator and motor?



You can get them alone. As stated above the motor is held in by 3 bolts. There pretty easy to do. I have done about 20 of them on this body style.

No comments:

Post a Comment