Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Clutch issues?



Here's a good question, why, when I push my clutch pedal to the floor does it have more resistance than usual? And right before it makes contact with the floorboard does it feel 'pop' past a hard spot? Kinda weird, I originally thought my w56 was going out, but now I am thinking my clutch isn't disengaging all the way. Kind of an intermittent issue until recently, also, everytime my clutch does stiffen up it doesn't wanna shift to the next gear. From a stop, clutch to the floor shifting from neutral to 1st can be a wrestling match at times. What the hell?

Reply 1 : Clutch issues?



Take a look at the bracket that mounts the clutch pedal to the firewall, they have a tendency to crack and deform, altering the pedal feel and can result in a failure to completely disengage the clutch. Otherwise check the fluid (low, dirty?) and make sure the slave is operational. Rust or debris in the lines can accumulate and gum up the slave.

No comments:

Post a Comment