Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sunroof "pop" when opening












Reply 1 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Cleaning the weatherstrip sometimes will help; otherwise you may have to adjust the sliding panel.



N.E.O.

Reply 2 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



i have the same problem with my 09 camry

Reply 3 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Thanks for the responses. I have tried cleaning the seal, but that did not help. I'll stop by the dealer to see what they say. I'll post back with their response.

Reply 4 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Robob2,

Mine has started doing the same thing, what kind of cause/solution did the dealer come up with.



thanks



John

Reply 5 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Same issue here, not a huge bother, but maybe it will be down the road.

Reply 6 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Soak it with silicone spray or armor all on the seals - (armor all is alot less smelly) - that might make a difference with the sticking.

Reply 7 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



mine does this too but i noticed it only does it when its cold or at night time.

Reply 8 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



^I agree



mine seems to be worse when it is wet



Ill try the armor all trick and see what happens

Reply 9 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



I had the same problem and the dealer adjusted the sunroof. They did it under warr and the service tech charged for a half hour labor.It had nothing to do with weatherstripping or lubricating of sunroof rails.

Reply 10 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Any more information from the dealer?



Mine got stuck tonight when I tried to open it (it is starting to get cold around here at night), but I gave it a gentle push when I got home and it went down and then was able to slide open/closed no problem.



I'll try cleaning the seals and around the panels and such tomorrow, and if that doesn't help I'll take it to the dealer. I'll also try again tomorrow during the day when it's warm to see if it still happens.

Reply 11 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Hey Guys...



My 2009 Camry started showing exactly the same problem last week. It was damn cold last week and the sunroof started making the loud noise and sometimes didn't move. Today the dealer adjusted the glass as per TSB 003409 under warrenty. There is no more popping noise. It works smoothly.



But, now I see a more gap between the weather seal and roof at the rear end corners(the seal is down by 1-2 mm from roof). Previously it was a nice seal and leveled properly everywhere.



Is it a matter of concern from water leak(I know there are gutters. But possible overflow ?), catching derbies or wind noise.



Have anybody observed the same and have any problem ?



Thanks...

Sambeet

Reply 12 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



After reading the posts, I tested my sunroof today and experienced the pop. It was fine back in October.



For mine, if you try to let it slide automatically, it will get stuck. I have to hold the button to manually to force it to slide, which resulted in the loud pop. I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer sometime.



Sambeet, would you please post a picture showing the gap? Thank you.

Reply 13 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Same with my 09 Camry. I had my car in storage for about 6 months and when I took it outta storage in Jan. I noticed it wouldn't even open at all. Then a day or two later, it would open but only after the popping sound. It would pop then about 10-15 sec later, when you hit the button again, it will finally go back. A pain in the ass indeed but my car isn't under warranty anymore since I canceled it so i'm just going to have to deal with it.

Reply 14 : Sunroof "pop" when opening



Anyone got this fixed? Now I'm having the same problem. Loud bang before it can slide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment