Thursday, March 17, 2011

where is the air?



Hey guys, I am new to this forum and was hoping I could get some ideas or help on this matter. I turn the fan on in my 4runner(89) and get no air from any of the vents. I took the dash apart and found that the hot/cold lever was broken along with the vent selection lever. After fixing both levers nothing had changed; still no air. The fan is spinning and you can hear it.



ANY ideas or solutions would be appreciated greatly, thnx!

Reply 1 : where is the air?



U might have something stuck in ur vent, like a rats nest or something. Trust me it happens alot. lol

Reply 2 : where is the air?



Thanx Necos07 .

Reply 3 : where is the air?



Is it just the upper (dash) vents, or all, or .. ?

Does the air come out anywhere?

Reply 4 : where is the air?



Problem solved! I took the whole dash apart (which I later found out wasn't necessary) along with the ducting. The problem was the A/C core/condenser (whatever it's called) as it was completely covered with dirt and grime and thus not allowing air to pass through the ducts. I now have plenty of air and heat



- and to answer your question fourwd1, air was not passing through any of the vents although you could feel a very slight draft from certain vents when the fan was on high

Reply 5 : where is the air?



Yeah, a clogged AC (or heating) core could block air thru all the vents.

Sometimes it's the simple stuff you don't expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment